Learning from Home
In case we're not able to get into school, we will update this page with things you can do to support your learning. To get you started, have a look at...
- Times Tables Rock Stars - children know their logins and have them in their Home-School Diaries. Start with the games that say "teacher set", then go for others if you fancy a challenge. For Year 4 children, the Sound Check game is particularly useful
- Newsround - great to watch the latest updates, as well as explore the other articles and videos that are on there.
- First News - a newspaper produced especially for children. There are 28 pages in this edition, so you might want to save this and read it in a few stages!
- "50 books all kids should read before they're 12" - some book idea inspiration. You might be able to borrow some from Southcote Library, or find them on Kindle (free app, Amazon account needed).
- There are some great TV documentaries - some recommendations here, and an A-Z from CBBC iPlayer. You might like...
- Deadly 60 - Wildlife presenter Steve Backshall tracks down 60 of the world's deadliest animals
- Deadly Dinosaurs - Steve Backshall is on the hunt for the most deadly animals to have ever walked the earth - dinosaurs
- Horrible Histories - Historical sketch show, based on the successful books by Terry Deary.
- Lifebabble - The Lifebabble team tackles difficult, awkward and serious issues important to young people, with honest answers to awkward questions, advice, inspiring stories and a dose of humour.
- Hey You What If? - quirky look at some interesting science questions
- Do you and your child need help focusing on some tasks? Here are a few handy apps which might help.
If you need anything, please feel free to email us. Mrs Farrell email@example.com or Mrs Belcher firstname.lastname@example.org We can't promise to get back to you instantly, but we will do our best to reply as soon as we can!
How to wash your hands NHS song | NHS
A child friendly song explaining how to wash your hands. For a written version of the full technique, head to The NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/h...
We'll post some more maths ideas each day, but here are a couple of YouTube playlists which use the White Rose Maths problems. These aren't all for year 3-4, so you might find some quite easy and others a bit harder! Most of them have someone chatting through their workings, so you can pause them and do your own workings to compare your answers.
Each of these are playlists so have lot of videos in them - feel free to click around to find your favourite!
White Rose Daily Problems 2017
White Rose Barvember 2017
Yasmin has some money but you need to work out how much!
White Rose Daily Problems 2018
White Rose Daily Problems 2018, video by KS2 Maths Organiser! Download the complete set of problems with YouTube links from White Rose Maths on TES. Find tut...
White Rose 2018 Barvember
Josh and Leon have £73 in total. They each spend £5 Josh now has 25% more than Leon. How much more money did Josh have than Leon at the start?
White Rose Barvember 2019
Donna sells cups of tea and coffee.
Fun science ideas to try at home
There are lots of ideas out there for fun science experiments to try at home. This year, we've already covered the following topics: plant life cycles; states of matter (solid, liquid, gas); and the water cycle. We're just starting to learn about forces and magnets. This might help your child to talk to you about some of these topics!