Learning From Home
In case we're not able to get into school, we will update this page with things you can do to support your learning. To get you started, have a look at...
- Times Tables Rock Stars - children know their logins and have them in their Home-School Diaries. Start with the games that say "teacher set", then go for others if you fancy a challenge.
- Newsround - great to watch the latest updates, as well as explore the other articles and videos that are on there.
- First News - a newspaper produced especially for children. There are 28 pages in this edition, so you might want to save this and read it in a few stages!
- "50 books all kids should read before they're 12" - some book idea inspiration. You might be able to borrow some from Southcote Library, or find them on Kindle (free app, Amazon account needed).
- There are some great TV documentaries - some recommendations here, and an A-Z from CBBC iPlayer. You might like...
- Deadly 60 - Wildlife presenter Steve Backshall tracks down 60 of the world's deadliest animals
- Deadly Dinosaurs - Steve Backshall is on the hunt for the most deadly animals to have ever walked the earth - dinosaurs
- Horrible Histories - Historical sketch show, based on the successful books by Terry Deary.
- Lifebabble - The Lifebabble team tackles difficult, awkward and serious issues important to young people, with honest answers to awkward questions, advice, inspiring stories and a dose of humour.
- Hey You What If? - quirky look at some interesting science questions
- Do you and your child need help focusing on some tasks? Here are a few handy apps which might help.
How to wash your hands NHS song | NHS
A child friendly song explaining how to wash your hands. For a written version of the full technique, head to The NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/h...
Fun science ideas to try at home
There are lots of ideas out there for fun science experiments to try at home. This year, we've already covered the following topics: seasonal changes, forces, light and sound. We're just starting to learn about materials.
Here are some videos to help you keep active if you are stuck inside!
5 Minute Move | Kids Workout 1 | The Body Coach TV
Great for all ages but aimed primarily at Key Stage 1 40 seconds work | 20 seconds rest Marching On The Spot Star Jumps Low Sprint Shuffle Squats Climb The Rope
5 Minute Move | Kids Workout 2 | The Body Coach TV
Great for all ages but aimed primarily at Key Stage 1 40 seconds work | 20 seconds rest Star Jumps Running Punches Frog Jumps Squat & Turn Knees To Elbow Mar...
5 Minute Move | Kids Workout 3 | The Body Coach TV
Great for all ages 40 seconds work | 20 seconds rest Touch The Sky Climb The Rope Sit Down Touch Your Toes Lunge Ground Touches Star Jumps