Summer Safety Advice
Each year children and babies in the UK die or sustain life changing injuries that could possibly have been prevented.
The following safety video’s/information promotes water safety, the danger from open windows for children and unsafe sleeping with babies please cascade this information to parents/carers, teams and colleagues, to help keep children safe through the summer months. Where possible play videos in public/reception areas.
Water Safety – link
Open Windows – safety suggestions:
· Always supervise young children, and keep windows locked when children are near.
· If opening a window, make sure a child can't reach it.
· Teach your child to stay away from windows and patio doors.
· Don't keep furniture near a window that a child could climb on.
· A screen will not prevent a child from falling out a window
Safer Sleeping for Babies
Berkshire West CCG produced the following video as 130 babies die every year due to unsafe sleeping in the UK. (Please share via social media where possible)